1. Welcome to thefinancestory.com, the website and online service of Grey Matter Professional Advisory LLP incorporated under the Companies Act, [●] with its registered office at [●].
Any person who is above 18 (eighteen) years of age and competent to contract under the applicable laws is eligible to access or visit the Media. Your use or access of the Media shall be treated as Your representation that You are competent to contract. Without generality of the foregoing, use of the Media is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If You are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 (eighteen) years, You may use the Media only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Us.
3. You also agree and confirm that you will indemnify and keep us indemnified from and against all claims resulting from the use of any information that you post and/or supply to us.
USE OF SERVICES
Each account created with Us is for individual use only and sharing Your account with any other person, including people at the same organization as You is strictly forbidden and will result in termination of subscription and blocking of such account without a refund. We may maintain different types of accounts for different types of Users. If you open an account with Us on behalf of a company, or other entity, then (a) “You” includes you and that entity; and (b) You represent and warrant that You are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement, and that You agree to this Agreement on the entity’s behalf.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS
You are solely responsible for Your interactions (including any disputes) with other Users of the Media. You acknowledge and understand that We do not screen or carry out verifications of the Users of the Media in any manner. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Users, particularly if You decide to communicate with Users offline or meet them in person. Your use of the Media and Services is at your sole risk and discretion, and We hereby disclaim any and all liability to You or any third party relating thereto.
We reserves the right to contact Users, in compliance with applicable law, in order to evaluate compliance with applicable rules and policies. You agree to provide complete cooperation and information as required to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity via the Services.
2. You hereby acknowledge and agree that We shall not be liable for any uses of your User Submissions by any third party that had access to your User Submissions during the period in which your User Submissions was available on or through the Services. We reserve the right to not to publish, display the User Submissions or delete any User Submissions on the receipt of any complaint, that the User Submissions are infringing or in violation of any applicable laws. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all User Submissions that you make available through the Media.
3. By using the Media, You acknowledge the sole responsibility for and assume all risks arising from Your access to, use of or reliance upon any third-party content, or other User Submissions and We disclaim any liability that You may incur arising from your access to, use of or reliance upon such third-party content or other User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that We: (a) are not responsible for the availability or accuracy of such third-party content or User Submissions; (b) have no liability to You or any third party for any harm, injuries or losses suffered as a result of Your access to, reliance on or use of such third-party content or User Submissions. All the contents of the Media are only for general information. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. Any specific advice or replies to queries in any part of the Media are the personal opinion of such experts/consultants/persons and are not subscribed to by the Media.
EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
1. You shall be solely responsible for all the content that You upload, post or otherwise transmit.
2. We endeavor to provide a web platform for various community interactions for persons to interact and exchange views with each other. The content posted on such Services is by general public and therefore the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content cannot be guaranteed.
3. By using the facility of chat and other community services You agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any matter or views, which are, defamatory, abusive, pervasive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or in violation of applicable law(s). You may also not indulge in cyber stalking, become or create a nuisance for any visitor / user of the Media.
1. Subscription services include access to behind the pay-wall content ("Subscription Services"). A preview is available to all viewers of the Media but access to premium reads and exclusive features of the Media are available to paid subscribers of the Subscription Services alone. The nature of content made available to You is subject to change, the final decision of which lies with the editor of the content uploaded on the Media. The Company may vary the access rights of Users engaged in accessing the Media without a paid subscription at any time at the Company's sole discretion. With respect to paid subscribers, any revision of access rights will take effect on the completion of such user's current subscription term.
2. Subscription Services may differ geographically and based on the device from which You subscribe. Subscriptions packages and price may also vary in time. The Company reserves the right to introduce new subscription packages from time to time.
3. The Company will try to process Your subscription promptly but does not guarantee that Your subscription will be activated by any specified time. By submitting Your payment and other subscription details, You are making an offer to us to buy a subscription. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed subsequently when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription. The Company reserves the right to reject any offer in its discretion, for any or no reason.
4. Subscription pricing and payment terms
1. The subscription fees and any other charges due from you in connection with your subscription for the Subscription Services (including any applicable taxes) shall be as per the rates in effect at the time at which it is charged ("Subscription Fees").
2. Subscription Fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription and upon renewal of your subscription. All the fees and charges charged by Us including Subscription Fees are non-refundable. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we do issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future. We may change the Subscription Fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges which will take effect at the end of your subscription period, by giving you notice in advance and an opportunity to cancel. If you believe someone has accessed the Media using your account and password without your authorization, please immediately notify us on .
3. The current schedule of Subscription Fees is available at . We may revise the Subscription Fees from time to time and/or across geographies. You agree to pay the Subscription Fees at the rates applicable at the time and place of purchase of your subscription. The term and duration of subscription to Subscription Services offered by the Company are listed in the schedule of Subscription Fees referenced above. Eligibility for any discounts is ascertained at the time you subscribe and cannot be changed during the term of your subscription.
4. Unless otherwise indicated, prices stated on our website are inclusive of applicable taxes.
5. The Company uses the services of third-party payment service providers to process your payment of the Subscription Fees. Accordingly your usage of such third-party services shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions adopted and implemented by such service provider, and the Company shall not be responsible for any failed or incomplete fulfilment of any payment instructions issued by you through such service provider or any actions undertaken by the Company in respect of the same.
5. Renewal and cancellation
2. Subscription to the Media commences immediately on the realisation of payment of the Subscription Fees. We will charge the subscription using the same card or other payment method that you previously used or updated using the ‘Manage subscription’ option on the any of the Media.
3. It is hereby clarified that any discounts provided to you at the time of availing the Subscription Services may or may not apply at the time of renewal and shall be based on the terms and conditions applicable at the time of such renewal.
4. If you choose the cancel your subscription to the Services, such cancellation shall be effective from the expiry of the period of subscription and no refunds shall be provided in any circumstance.
1. All the Media are controlled and operated by the Company. All materials, including illustrations, statements, opinions, views, photographs, products, images, artwork, designs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips and software (collectively, "Content") are protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights that are owned and controlled by the Company or by other parties that have licensed their material to us. Except where otherwise agreed in writing with the Company, material on the Media are solely for your personal, non-commercial use. “The Finance Story”, “TFS” are the intellectual property of the Company. Except as provided below, you shall not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and you shall not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the Company, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other web site or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights of the Company, and is prohibited. Any use for which you receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
2. You may distribute a copy of a story, or a portion of a story, from the Media in non-electronic form to certain individuals without charge, provided you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear, original source attribution, and the phrase "Used with permission from The Finance Story".
4. You further agree to abide by exclusionary protocols (e.g., Robots.txt, Automated Content Access Protocol (ACAP), etc.) that may be used in connection with the Services. You may not access parts of the Services to which you are not authorized, or attempt to circumvent any restrictions imposed on your use or access of the Services.
5. You may not create apps, extensions, or other products and services that use our Content without our permission. You may not aggregate or otherwise use our Content in a manner that could reasonably serve as a substitute for a subscription to the Media. You may not access or view the Services with the use of any scripts, extensions, or programs that alter the way the Services are displayed, rendered, or transmitted to you without our written consent.
7. Prohibited Content
The Media includes comments sections, blogs and other interactive features that allow interaction among Users and between Users and the Company. We call the information posted by or contributed by users "Contributed Content". In the course of availing of the Services or uploading any post or comment on the Media, you shall not post any Contributed Content that is in contravention of Clause 12.1 below (collectively "Prohibited Content").
8. Limitations of content published on the Website
1. All content published on the Media (including any information we publish regarding third party products) is only for your general information and entertainment purposes and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, content created by the Company, its syndication partners and including Contributed Content and any other content provided by third parties and distributed by the Media, does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by the Company. It is not intended to be and should not be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, purchase, sale or other decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision, such as from a qualified financial adviser.
2. Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any third party named on (or linked to from) the Media shall be at your own responsibility and entered into at your own risk. Any information that you receive through or from the Media, whether or not it is classified as "real time", may have stopped being current by the time it reaches you. Share price information may be rounded up/down and therefore may not be entirely accurate.
9. Third Party Content
1. The Company may partner with third party content providers to offer bundled services, under which the payment for the bundled services will be collected by the Company. The Company will endeavor to provide seamless access to all such third parties with a single point access. There could be a gap in this seamless access due to a technology breakdown, temporary disconnection of the internet connection or any factors beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
2. You are requested to read through the terms and conditions offered by content partners to the Media. Most partners offer bundled services for new Users. Existing subscribers of partners are not eligible for bundled subscription. Should you happen to be one please note that the partner will be liable to reject your offer to subscribe under the bundled subscription not leading to contract formation as a result.
3. We have no liability for any privacy breach at end of third party service provider.
WARRANTY AND LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
2. The Media, all the materials and Services, included on or otherwise made available to you through this website or any other Media is provided by the Company "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing, the Company does not warrant that:
1. This website and/or any other Media and/or Services will be constantly available;
2. The information on this website or any other Media or provided through the Services is complete, true, accurate or not misleading; or
3. The quality of any products, services, information, or other material that you obtain through the website, any other Media or Services will meet your expectations.
3. The Company, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. The Company makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Media, Content, Contributed Content, Services, software, text, graphics and links.
4. The Company does not warrant that this website and/or any other Media, information, content, materials, or Services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website, their servers, or electronic communication sent from by Company are free of viruses or other harmful components.
5. Nothing on this website or any of the Media constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
The information presented on this website or any other Media has been compiled by the Company from various sources including from external sources. No representation is made or warranty is given as to the completeness or accuracy of such information. This website or any other Media may contain typographical errors, incomplete or out of date information. The Company reserves the right to make changes to the Content, Contributed Content and information on this website, or other Media or to the services described therein, or update such information at any time without notice, but the Company makes no commitment to correct or update this information.
REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY YOU
1. You represent, warrant and covenant that:
1. You shall be solely responsible for the information shared by You and activities undertaken by you on the Media and undertake to not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
1. belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
2. is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, seditious, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
3. harms minors in any way;
4. infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person anywhere in the world;
5. violates any law for the time being in force;
6. deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information which is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact;
7. impersonates another person;
8. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
9. threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting to any other nation;
10. creates liability for the Company;
11. is in the nature of political campaigning, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional and/ or commercial solicitation, chain letters, pyramid schemes, mass mailings and/or any form of ‘spam’ or solicitation;
12. is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person; or
13. is illegal in any other way.
2. You understand and agree that the Company reserves the right to remove and/or edit such detail / information.
TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT
In good faith, if you have reason to believe that any work copyrighted by you has been reproduced, embedded, or linked without any authorization on this website or any of the Media, in a manner that constitutes an infringement of your copyright under Indian law, please compile the following information and email to email@example.com :
1. A clear identification of the copyrighted work allegedly infringed;
2. A clear identification of the allegedly infringing material on the website or any of the Media (with specific URL reference);
3. Your contact details: name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
4. A statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the copyrighted material allegedly infringed on the website or any other Media is not authorized by your agent or the law;
5. A statement that the information provided in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
6. Your signature or a signature of your authorized agent.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, all rights, title and interest in the website or any of the Media, its contents and the online services therein, are owned by the Company. No part of this website or any of the Media may be reproduced, distributed, republished, retransmitted, disseminated, displayed, adapted, altered, hyperlinked or otherwise used in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of the Company.
2. The domain name on which this website is hosted on is the sole property of the Company and you may not use or otherwise adopt a similar name for your own use.
3. All proprietary content, trademarks, service marks, brand names, logos and other intellectual property displayed in this website or any other Media are the property of the Company and where applicable, third party proprietors identified in any website. No right or license is granted directly or indirectly to any party accessing any website or any other Media to use or reproduce any such proprietary content, trademarks, service marks, brand names, logos and other intellectual property, and no party accessing the website or any other Media shall claim that any right, title or interest therein are of any other website or platform. In addition, you agree that you will not use any of the following but not limited to, robot, spider, software, programme, algorithm or any other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein, without the prior written consent of the Company (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to any website).
This website, any other Media, including the Content and Contributed Content and information contained herein, and the provision of Services shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India and the courts of Bengaluru, India shall retain exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same. As such, the laws of India shall govern any transaction completed using this website or any other Media.
INFORMATION GATHERED AND TRACKED
1. Information submitted or collected on the Website or pursuant to the use of the Services is stored in a database. Specifically, we store the username, name, e-mail address, contact number, as submitted or collected on our website or any of the Media or through the provision of the Services. We may use such information to send out occasional promotional materials, including alerts on new Services available, or other promotional and marketing material relating to our clients and customers.
Any grievances in relation to the information shared by the User with the Company may be brought to the attention of [Mr/Ms] [●], the grievance officer appointed by the Company (“Grievance Officer”). The phone number of the Grievance Officer is [●] and the email address of the Grievance Officer is [●]. Copyright 2021 © The Finance Story.