The Finance Story collates job opportunities from the Middle East and India on a daily basis to help you in your career.
Despite the recession warnings and mass layoffs worldwide, the job market in the UAE looks promising.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is home to a diverse and rapidly growing economy, offering a wide range of job opportunities for Finance and Accounting professionals.
Some key industries in the UAE that employ chartered accountants include finance and banking, real estate, construction, oil and gas, technology, e-commerce, and consulting.
So are you looking at jobs for Chartered Accountants in Dubai, UAE, or have other professional qualifications such as CPA or ACCA?
Check out these latest job vacancies in PwC, KPMG UAE, Accor Hotels, and Beiersdorf.
Finance Manager jobs in UAE
Accor Hotels is hiring Finance Manager
Accor S.A. is a French multinational hospitality company that owns, manages, and franchises hotels, resorts, and vacation properties.
It is the largest hospitality company in Europe, and the sixth-largest hospitality company worldwide. Accor operates in 5,300 locations in over 110 countries.
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, close to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
To assist the Director of Finance in the administration of all financial aspects of the hotel’s operations, to ensure that all local and corporate policies & procedures are observed, and to supervise the accounting office’s day-to-day operations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant supervisory/managerial experience
- Diploma/Degree in Hospitality Management and/or Accounting/ Finance
- Familiarity with financial systems: OPERA, MICROS, SUN, Q&A/ Sun Vision, EXCEL.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all jobs in the Accounting areas.
- Must commit to following all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Must be able to function on behalf of the Director of Finance in his/her absence.
- Must have a high degree of professional integrity and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Must be self-motivated and have a high degree of analytical ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good project management skills.
Click here to apply
KPMG UAE is hiring for the role of Manager – Accounting and Finance Advisory
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. KPMG International Limited is one of the Big Four accounting firms.
Lead and manage projects or work-streams of a medium to large size and complexity (including analyzing and interpreting data, drafting report findings, and attending client meetings)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Professional accounting and/or finance qualification CPA, CA, ACCA, CFA, MBA (preferred)
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience regarding cost optimization and/or value creation in a relevant organization (preferably in big four accounting firms – audit and/or accounting advisory teams)
- Experience in the MENA market is highly recommended
- Demonstrate expertise in the industry (Energy, Healthcare, Financial Services, and/or Public sector) leading practices
- Strong awareness of non-technical accounting matters (corporate finance, ESG, deals, tax, legal, etc.
Click here to apply
PwC is looking to hire Senior Manager for Consulting, Finance Transformation, Banking Treasury
PwC is the world’s second-largest professional services network and one of the Big Four accounting firms, along with Deloitte, EY, and KPMG. They are a network of firms in 155 countries providing services like accounting, auditing, strategy management, etc.
You’d be responsible for Treasury and Asset Liability Management (ALM) agenda in commercial banking, development banking, and the broader financial services sector.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or Master’s in Finance is a plus
- ACT or CFA (any level) is preferred
- Years of Experience: 7+ years of experience in
- Banking Treasury Middle Office, ALM, and Back Office
- Big 4 or Accenture
- Boutique SI (focus on banking treasury) such as Oracle OFSAA, Murex, FIS, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience within a professional services environment
- Middle East experience – Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus but not mandatory
- Proven IT skills in various digital platforms
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong capability to lead sales and manage delivery
- Ability to understand client context (across a variety of problem areas), structure the issue, and develop the fit-for-purpose solution
- Should have a track record in relationship management and business development
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and teams
Click here to apply
Beiersdorf is looking to hire a Financial Controller
Beiersdorf AG is a leading manufacturer of personal care and pressure-sensitive adhesive products. The company, headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, owns some of the world’s most recognized brands, including Elastoplast, Eucerin, Labello, La Prairie, Nivea, Tesa SE, and Coppertone.
You’d be part of the Finance team of the Emerging Markets Regional Office and responsible for all Controlling areas of the affiliate (Beiersdorf NE) with a focus on General Expenses planning and reporting as well as intercompany transactions.
- A degree in Accounting and Finance is a must
- Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CA, or CPA is preferred
- 3 years of professional experience in Finance/Controlling in a multinational company
- Good understanding of business processes and accounting principles
- Independent, fast thinker to fit into a fast-moving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are mandatory.
- Ability to analyze data and support the making of business decisions
- Business partnering skills and excellent coordination skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills – able to communicate with and act as a partner to senior managers
- Ability to manage changing priorities and short timelines
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting
- High proficiency in MS Office applications (especially in Excel)
Click here to apply
Shangri-La Group is hiring a Compliance/Internal Control Manager
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Shangri-La Group has over 100 hotels and resorts under four brands nested in key cities and beautiful beachfront locations globally. They are part of the Kuok Group, one of Asia’s most dynamic multinational conglomerates and a leader in properties, logistics, agribusiness, maritime, and hospitality.
Shangri-La Group is expanding rapidly with a strong development pipeline throughout Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and Africa.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Accounting / Finance / Business Management / Law or related disciplines
- Member of a professional accountancy body (e.g. CPA, ACCA) is required and other professional certifications such as CIA and CFE are strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a global organization with increasing management responsibility for internal audit, compliance, and/or risk management or with a professional services firm
- Lodging /hospitality industry experience is highly desirable
- Experience in Thematic Audits and/ or Forensic Audits is essential.
- Excellent communication (written/ oral) and presentation skills
Click here to apply
Looking to accelerate your career in finance? Fill up this form to talk to an industry expert