Getting Started With ACCA - Your Journey To Becoming ACCA Qualified
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a global professional accounting body that offers the "Chartered Certified Accountant" qualification. It was founded in 1904. ACCA is a rapidly expanding worldwide accountancy body with over 200,000 members and 500,000 students in 180 countries.
The journey to becoming ACCA qualified is a wonderful way to start a career in accounting and finance because it is a globally recognized course with updated/industry-relevant information. This is a great thing that students can do in addition to graduating. This qualification is more appealing due to its flexible examination scheme.
Why Should You Choose ACCA for Your Career?
- ACCA is globally recognized in over 78 markets and it has more than 80 international accountancy body relationships.
- Because your competency is tested for up to 13 rigorous exams, it communicates credibility and is a great method to give your resume an advantage.
- ACCA Curriculum is well-designed and updated on a regular basis to develop industry-relevant knowledge, skills, and professional values.
- ACCA prepares you to execute strategic responsibilities at high management levels, resulting in a long-term career.
What will be the Job Opportunities with ACCA Certification?
ACCA Qualifications provide up a wide variety of opportunities at a wide range of companies-
- A holistic program prepares you for a variety of professions; you can go on to work as a CFO or CEO and undertake strategic duties.
- Because its members/students are scattered across 180 countries, multinational businesses such as the Big Four and a considerable number of captives/KPOs are aware of the ACCA certificate.
- You can become a notable accountant, internal auditor, forensic accountant, compliance/government officer, management accountant, Business Adviser, Credit control manager, Funds Manager, Financial analyst, Risk manager, etc.
Do ACCA Professionals have Good Career Scope in India?
The Big 4s or multinational corporations employ the majority of ACCA qualified professionals in India. Employers in India are increasingly aware of the ACCA qualification and are keen to hire them. TATA Communications, Embassy Group, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Grant Thornton, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte, and others employ ACCA qualified professionals in India. Similar job profiles, designations, and remuneration packages are increasingly being given to CA and ACCA members.
India has taken another step toward globalization by introducing Ind-AS, which is based on the same principles as IFRS. ACCA's syllabus includes a wide coverage of IFRS, giving ACCA members in India a distinct advantage.
What Are the Exams Included in ACCA Certification?
Exams are divided into three levels, with an Ethics and Professional Skills module and a Professional Experience Requirement thrown in for good measure.
- Accountant in Business (AB)
- Management Accounting (MA)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
- Corporate and Business Law (LW)
- Performance Management (PM)
- Taxation (TX)
- Financial reporting (FR)
- Audit and Assurance (AA)
- Financial Management (FM)
- Strategic Business Reporting (SBR)
- Strategic Business Leader (SBL)
- Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
- Advanced Performance Management (APM)
- Advanced Taxation (ATX)
- Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)
Ethics and Professional Skills
Students Must Complete the Following Tasks in Order to Obtain the ACCA Qualification:
- Depending on prior experience and qualifications, students should complete a maximum of 13 examinations
- Demonstrate three years of practical work experience
- Completing an Ethics and Professional Skills curriculum
This means that students can finish the ACCA Qualification in three years or less.
Is it possible for all Students Who have Completed 10+2 to Apply for ACCA?
Students who got 65 percent in English and maths in 10+2 and 50 percent in the remaining disciplines are qualified for the ACCA qualification.
Other students can join ACCA through the Foundation in Accountancy Route, which is an entry-level qualification that leads to ACCA membership. Students who achieved less than 65 percent on their 12th-grade exams are required to take only three Foundation level tests: FBT, FMA, and FFA.
How To Pass ACCA?
You might wonder how to become ACCA qualified while working; many individuals study for the ACCA while working, allowing them to complete the exam in as little as three or four years. It will take longer if you opt to study full-time before fulfilling your professional experience requirement.
To assist our students with CA and finance-related learnings, The Finance Story has partnered with top ACCA experts as well as major corporations and industries. You can click here to read articles, watch videos, and read success stories on various CA and finance topics.
The Finance Story is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and get updates with latest stories of finance professionals.